All users of the GeoExplorer 6000 series GeoXT and GeoXH handhelds should upgrade to the latest version of GNSS firmware.
Features and issues resolved with this firmware version include:
- General improvements to GNSS processor resource handling to increase overall system performance.
- Improved accuracy of real-time accuracy estimates when using real-time MSAS corrections out of specified areas.
- Improved position logging stability when using external real-time corrections.
- An issue where some straight-line features exhibited small unexplained side-to-side deviations or a ‘sine-wave’ like pattern over time is resolved.
To upgrade your GeoExplorer 6000 series handheld:
1. Confirm your handheld requires this update. This upgrade is compatible with the GeoExplorer 6000 series GeoXT and GeoXH handhelds only. To check the current GNSS firmware version, on your handheld tap Start > Settings > System > System Information, then scroll to the GNSS tab. If the firmware version is 3.05.6 or lower, you can upgrade to this version.
2. Download the upgrade file to a location on your desktop computer.
3. Using ActiveSync technology or the Windows Mobile Device Center, copy the upgrade file to your handheld.
4. On the handheld, navigate to the file using File Explorer, then tap the file to run the update. Installing this update will require you to reboot your handheld.