Microsoft Connectivity Software
To install software onto a Trimble device powered by Windows Mobile operating system, or to copy files between your handheld and computer, you must connect the device to a Windows computer. You will also need to install the appropriate Windows connectivity software. (Windows Mobile Device Center or Microsoft ActiveSync) – If you have already installed the proper software and cannot connect, please see our troubleshooting steps below.
1.) On your computer, Navigate to Start / Control Panel / System
This will show you what version of Windows you have installed.
2.) Download and install the appropriate connection software.
My device still doesn’t connect.
You may need to look on the Windows Mobile handheld and toggle the “Enable Advanced Network Functionality” setting. Here is a Tech Talk that explains this process:
Additional Troubleshooting Suggestions:
- Verify the unit is powered on.
- Connect to a different USB port on the computer.
- Connect directly to the computer, bypassing any USB multiport hubs you may have connected.
- Remove and other USB connected devices. Please note that only one Windows Mobile based device can be connected to your computer at a time.
- Reset your Windows Mobile handheld.
- Restart the computer.
- Try connecting with a different USB cable.
- Test the connection on a different computer.
- Remove any existing partnerships to Windows Mobile Device Center, or Microsoft ActiveSync. (Partnerships are computer specific and will hinder connections to other machines. Always connect as a guest.)
- Make sure that your computer has all the latest Windows updates: Windows Updates Website
- Make sure that your antivirus software is not stopping or blocking wmdc.exe or wmdcbase.exe
- Try uninstalling any mobile device emulator software that may be on your computer, such as Pocket Controller or MyMobiler.