What Information is Collected?
The information we may collect includes, but may not be limited to:
- Information you provide to us and additional information. When you register to use a Frontier or affiliated app or website, to receive our newsletter and other company related updates, promotions and materials, or to contact us for information on our products and services for related help and support, we collect information that identifies you. This includes information such as your name, the name of the company you work for, contact information and upon purchase, payment information. Sometimes we may also collect information about the products and services you are interested in. We need some of this information to respond to your inquiries or provide services to you. Other information may be optional. We may have other information from previous contacts and may use information we received just recently from you to help keep our database current and to provide you with the most relevant content and experiences. We may compliment information we receive directly from you with information from other sources, in accordance with applicable law. For example, we may use data about the company you work for together with the information received from you to better understand the industry that you are working in.
- Frontier App Activation and Automatic Updates. When you are registered to use a Frontier product, (software or hardware) for which we provide updates to you, we may process information about your Frontier product and any product on which you may have and installed (including your IP address), and your product serial number. Some of our apps connect to our servers and offer you the ability to install updates to the app, either in the background or upon your confirmation. We may keep track of any information such as whether an update was successful or not. We may also use information collected through activation or app updates to validate that you hold a valid license to our product and confirm that it is genuine and properly licensed.
- Frontier Emails. Frontier uses marketing automation platforms for sending emails. These platforms that attract behavior related to those emails, including whether you have received or opened an email, clicked a link in the email, or forwarded the email. If you do not want us to collect this information from Frontier marketing emails, you may opt out as noted on the bottom of the email you received from Frontier.
- Frontier Online Advertising. Frontier displays ads to you on our own and on other companies’ websites or apps, in various manners. We collect information such as which ads are displayed, which ads are clicked on, and where the ad was displayed. If you download Frontier content offered on a displayed ad, identifiers relating to you and your computer usage will be collected as a part of that download process.
- Buttons, Tools, and Content from Other Companies. Sometimes our apps and websites link to another company’s services via buttons, tools, or other content. We collect information about your use of these features. In addition, when you see or interact with these buttons, tools, or content, or view a Frontier web page or app containing them, information from your browser may automatically be sent to the other company. Please read that company’s privacy notice for more information.
- Frontier Social Community. Frontier may participate in social community sites and provides its information there.
- Your Transaction History. We collect information of your transaction history relating to the use of our products and services;
On What Basis Does Frontier Collect and Process This Information?
Frontier collects and processes personal information based on various grounds. We have obtained your consent where required, we collect and process information as part of our contractual obligations. Data may also be processed based on the legitimate interests of our business. Finally, data may be processed in compliance with legal obligations, based on relevant authorities in applicable jurisdictions. We do our best to ensure personal data is processed fairly and transparently, and we aim to inform you how data is used at the time of collection.
Why does Frontier use this information?
Frontier uses the information we collect about you in a number of ways, such as:
- Providing you with the apps and websites for which you have registered or purchased, as well as any services, support, or information you have requested;
- Improving our websites and apps and their user experience by analyzing their use;
- Diagnosing problems in our apps and websites and notifying you of fixes;
- Tailoring a website, app, or Frontier ad to your likely interests;
- Communicating with you when a contract is established or performed;
- Keeping you informed of Frontier product updates, new app releases, special offers, and similar information;
- Conducting market research about our customers, their interests, and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns;
- Using your personal and behavioral data to identify other persons that respond similarly;
- Conducting cybersecurity initiatives for such things as reducing fraud, software and IP piracy, and protecting the confidentiality of your accounts;
- As further described for a specific Frontier app or website.
Does Frontier share personal information?
Frontier relies on other companies for a variety of reasons. We work with specialist companies in the area of processing credit card payments, providing software solutions, or supporting our business processes. Some of these companies may have access to your personal information in order to provide services to you on our behalf. They are not permitted to use your information for their own purposes.
Frontier may also share your personal information:
- With contractors or agencies hired to deliver Frontier marketing programs on behalf of Frontier;
- With our affiliated companies for the purpose of following up on your requests or marketing communications;
- In legal proceedings in which we are a party or a third party, in compliance with lawful requests;
- When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to protect ourselves against fraud, for reasons of cyber defense, or otherwise protect the property and safety of Frontier, our customers and users;
- If a company buys us or merges with us or we sell a part of our business and transfer customer information as part of this business;
- When you agree to the sharing.
Is my personal information displayed anywhere on Frontier’s websites or applications?
There are places within Frontier’s websites and apps that allow you to upload or otherwise share content and communicate with others. Before sharing, make sure you understand whom you are sharing information with.
Is my personal information secure?
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and Frontier cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
Where does Frontier store my personal information?
Your personal information and files are stored on Frontier servers and the servers of companies we hire to provide services to us.
How can I close my account with Frontier?
To request that we remove your email address from our marketing database, deactivate your ID account, or provide you a copy of your personal information, please email your request to email@example.com. Please note that we need to retain certain information about you for legal and internal business reasons, such as fraud prevention. We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with the websites and apps you are eligible to use with your Frontier ID and as needed to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our agreements.
Will Frontier market to me?
Frontier and companies we hire to help us market our products and apps on our behalf may use your information to provide you with information and offers related to Frontier and its business partners. Please let us know if you no longer want to receive messages from us. We will not make consumer data available to non-affiliated third parties.
We may also use third-party vendors, such as Google Analytics, to advertise to our users online. These third-party vendors may display Frontier product advertisements on other websites based on your internet usage. More specifically, these vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytic cookie) and third-party cookies (such as DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Site or another site affiliated with Frontier products or services. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies is not linked to any personally identifiable information (name, address, email address, or phone number) we collect or you provide on the website. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising by using Google’s Ads Settings.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits users that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us via the Site.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site and System are not designed for children, and we do not knowingly collect information from any person under the age of 13.
European Customers. Our site and System are not designed for doing business with European customers, and we do not knowingly collect any information from customers from Europe.
Who can I contact with questions or concerns?
If you have a privacy question or concern, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Effective date August 21, 2018)