Have a question on this product or our Drones/UAS products?
Complete the form below and we will respond as soon as possible.
Effective aerial surveying needs to see the invisible. That’s why Mavic 3 Multispectral has two forms of sight. It combines an RGB camera with a multispectral camera to scan and analyze crop growth with total clarity. Agricultural production management requires precision and data, and Mavic 3M delivers both.
• Compact and Portable: foldable for easy storage
• Multispectral Camera: 4 x 5MP, G/R/RE/NIR
• RGB Camera: 20MP, 4/3 CMOS, mechanical shutter
• Safe and Stable: Omnidirectional Obstacle Avoidance , 15km Transmission Distance 
• Precise Positioning: centimeter-level RTK positioning, microsecond-level time synchronization
• Efficient Aerial Surveying: up to 200 hectares per flight 
Highly Integrated Imaging System | Multispectral + RGB Imaging System
Newly upgraded imaging system with one 20MP RGB camera and four 5MP multispectral cameras (green, red, red edge, and near infrared). Enables applications such as high-precision aerial surveying, crop growth monitoring, and natural resource surveys.
5MP Multispectral Camera
• Near-infrared (NIR): 860nm +/- 26nm
• Red (R): 650nm +/- 16nm
• Red Edge (RE): 730nm +/- 16nm
• Green (G): 560nm +/- 16nm
RGB Camera Characteristics
• 4/3 CMOS, 20MP image sensor
• Fastest Mechanical Shutter Speed: 1/2000s
• High-speed burst when RGB camera is used: .7 seconds
The built-in sunlight sensor captures solar irradiance and records it in an image file, allowing for light compensation of image data during 2D reconstruction. This results in more accurate NDVI results, as well as improved accuracy and consistency of data acquired over time.
RTK Module | Accurate Images That Capture Every Pixel
The Mavic 3M with RTK module for centimeter-level positioning. Flight control, the camera, and the RTK module sync in microseconds to accurately capture the location of each camera's imaging center. This enables the Mavic 3M to do high-precision aerial surveying without using ground control points.
Efficient and Reliable Battery Life
Ultra-long battery life, fast bursts
• 43 minutes  cruise time
• 200 hectare : a single flight can complete mapping operations over an area of 200 hectares
• 100W Battery Charging Hub: high efficiency fast charging
• 88W Fast Charging: aircraft
Stable Signal, Smooth Image Transmission
The O3 transmission integrates two transmitting signals and four receiving signals to support 15km ultra-long transmission distances.
Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing , Terrain-follow Aerial Surveying
The aircraft features multiple wide-FOV vision sensors that accurately detect obstacles in all directions for omnidirectional obstacle avoidance. The terrain-follow aerial surveying can be easily performed in steep-slope landscapes.
• Orchard Mapping: the Mavic 3M allows terrain-follow aerial surveying of orchards, even on sloped landscapes. Together with DJI Terra or DJI SmartFarm Platform  to reconstruct high-resolution orchard maps, automatically identify the number of trees, distinguish trees from other obstacles or objects, and generate three-dimensional operation routes for agricultural drones, making operations safer and more efficient.
• Guide Variable Rate Applications: for rice fertilization, cotton growth regulation, and potato foliar fertilizer spraying, the Mavic 3M is used to obtain multi-spectral images of crops. DJI Terra or the DJI SmartFarm Platform  can then generate NDVI and other vegetation indices maps, capturing differences in crop potential and generating prescription maps that allow agricultural drones to execute variable-rate applications. This ultimately allows users to reduce costs, increase yield, and protect the environment.
• Intelligent Field Scouting: the Mavic 3M can carry out field scouting. The field scout images can be uploaded to the DJI SmartFarm Platform  in real time through a 4G network. It can find abnormalities, such as emergence deficiencies, weed pressure, and crop lodging in a timely manner. It can also conduct intelligent analyses, such as cotton seedling identification for real-time sharing of crop growth information, guidance of agronomic activities, and easy management of 70 hectares of farmland by one person.
Environmental Monitoring and Natural Resources Survey
The Mavic 3M can also be used in environment and natural resource surveys, such as water enrichment monitoring, forest distribution surveys, urban green area surveys, and more.
Open Cloud Ecosystem
• Cloud API: the Mavic 3M can be directly connected to a third-party cloud platform via Pilot 2's built-in DJI Cloud API based on the MQTT protocol. There is no need to develop an app separately to enable the transmission of UAV equipment information, live streaming, photo data, and other information.
• MSDK: the Mavic 3M supports Mobile SDK 5 (MSDK5) with a fully open-source production code sample. The MSDK5 makes it possible to develop a proprietary control app for UAV field patrol, smart surveying, and other scenarios, making it more user-friendly.
1. DO NOT fly in severe weather conditions, such as strong winds (wind speeds of 12m/s or more), snow, rain, or lightning. DO NOT fly in areas that are 6,000 meters or higher above sea level. DO NOT fly the aircraft in environments where the temperature is below -10°C (14°F) or above 40°C (104°F). DO NOT take off from moving objects, such as cars and ships. DO NOT fly close to reflective surfaces, such as water or snow. Otherwise, the vision positioning system may not work properly. When the GNSS signal is weak, fly the aircraft in environments with good lighting and visibility. The vision system may not work properly in poor light conditions. Be aware of flight safety when flying near sources of electromagnetic interference. Common sources of electromagnetic interference include high-voltage transmission stations, radar stations, cell phone base stations, broadcast towers, Wi-Fi hotspots, routers, and Bluetooth devices.
2. The 15km transmission distance can only be achieved under the FCC standard when measured in an outdoor environment without interference. The SRRC standard is adopted in mainland China, and the furthest transmission distance is 8km. The above data are the furthest communication distances for one-way, non-return flights under each standard. Please pay attention to return prompts in the DJI Pilot 3 app during flight.
3. Specific test conditions: In a sunny environment without wind, the orthographic flight aerial photography is obtained with a flight speed of 15m/s, a flight altitude of 217m, a ground sampling distance (GSD) of 5.73cm for visible and 10cm for multispectral, a fore-and-aft overlap rate of 70%, and a side overlap of 60%.
4. Data was measured using a DJI Mavic 3M flying at a constant speed of 36kph at sea level in a windless environment until 0% power remained. It is for reference only. Please pay attention to Return to Home prompts on the DJI Pilot 2 app during flight.
5. Optional Accessories. This service is not available in some countries. Please consult your local distributor for details. Do not install the DJI cellular module when using a multispectral camera to capture data, in order to avoid blocking the intensity sensor.
6. The DJI Smart Agriculture Platform will be supported in Q2 of 2023. This service is not available in some countries. Please consult your local distributor for details.
If you require customized technical services and training, please contact Frontier Precision at 800-359-3703 or reach out to a local Frontier Precision location.
Frontier Precision offers affordable regularly scheduled certified training classes, online eLearning, webinars, as well as custom training options to meet your specific training needs.