In this Tech Talk we guide you through the basic steps of using a local site calibration with Trimble’s TerraSync Field Software.
A site calibration calculates parameters for transforming WGS-84 coordinates into local grid coordinates. This is very beneficial when working on a project that requires you to run a coordinate system not included in the default list or a localized coordinate system. This could include projects such as pit mines, quarries, construction sites or any time there is not a defined coordinate system provided by default in Trimble’s Coordinate System Manger.
- Save Site Calibration in Trimble Business Center
- Export Local Site from Coordinate System Manager
- Connect data collector to computer and make sure that TerraSync is NOT open.
- Open GPS Pathfinder Office and export Coordinate System .csw file created in Step3. using Data Transfer Utility
- Disconnect data collector from computer and launch TerraSync Field Software
- Change Coordinate System to Local Site and make any necessary settings
- Verify you are now operating on a local site by checking into control