Mapping and GIS
Invasive Plant Control
Frontier Precision provides complete office and field solutions for mapping and reporting Integrated Weed Management Plan activities. FieldSeeker® GIS for Invasive Plant Control software is designed to be the hub for all important data so it may be shared, analyzed or updated throughout an organization.
Field and Office Solutions for Invasive Plant Control
Why the Esri Platform? GIS Professional Services
Mobile Devices for Reliable Data Collection
Drone (UAS) Sales and Services
FieldSeeker GIS for Mosquito Control Software
FieldSeeker Invasive Plants is a cloud-based system leveraging the Esri® ArcGIS® Online or ArcGIS Enterprise platform to provide users with simple, intuitive tools for mapping and reporting data related to invasive plant control activities. Field and office users benefit from seeing a common up-to-date picture of their operations. Data is centrally located so it may be shared, analyzed, or updated throughout an organization.
FieldSeeker Mobile App Tools
- Plant Occurrence and Plant Assessment Tracking
- Bio-release Tracking
- Mechanical Treatment Tracking
- Chemical Treatment Tracking
- Field Scouting
- Log Time and Materials for Invoicing
- Proposed Treatment and Restricted Area Management
- Chemical Product Calculator
- Manage Service Requests from Public
FieldSeeker Office App Tools
- Dashboard Landing Page with Full GIS Mapping Capabilities with User Roles
- System and Picklists Configuration
- Management of Incoming Invasive Plant Data, Restricted Areas, and Proposed Treatment Areas
- Aerial, Truck, Drone Data Import
- Reporting and Data Search/Filter/Query and Review Options
Esri keeps up with advances in the Geospatial Cloud technology while Frontier takes care of the development of the invasive plant control workflows. Together we deliver a powerful solution so organizations are free to focus on important control activities.
Value of the Esri platform includes:
- ArcGIS is a scalable system to expand as needs grow and change.
- ArcGIS Online continually earns security and privacy certifications.
- ArcGIS lends configuration and data editing flexibility of the FieldSeeker apps.
- ArcGIS Online provides additional data visualization and data sharing options with FieldSeeker data.
- Customer maintains full ownership and control of maps and data.
Frontier GIS Professional Services
Frontier Precision’s GIS services group can offer innovative ideas extending other ArcGIS Online apps alongside the FieldSeeker GIS invasive plant control workflows. We can help organizations achieve goals through focused consulting, configuration, implementation, training and technical support services.
Examples of extending the ArcGIS Online platform:
Integrating Service Request GeoForms or Survey123 Webforms with your external website, which allow the public to report on invasive plant control activity in their area.
Activity Status Web Maps can be utilized in a variety of applications to relay information to the public including: recent aerial or ground spraying activities, open service requests, or plant occurrences.
Email Notification and Service Request Routing system can be used to increase staff efficiency allowing more time spent on control measures while keeping residents more informed during the process.
FieldSeeker Invasive Plants is an all-in-one app including tools for Plant Occurrences, Plant Assessments, Bio-release, Mechanical and Chemical Treatment, and Service Request workflows. It is a cross-platform mobile app deployed through the Apple Store, Google Play Store, and Windows Store.
In general, any professional, late model field device, phone, or tablet that has reliable GPS and meets minimum specifications can be used. Our approach is to list devices which have been tested and are known to support the FieldSeeker Invasive Plants software. For a full list of devices, contact: Invasive Plant Support.
Juniper Systems Mesa 3 Rugged Windows 10 Tablet
Running a full Windows 10 operating system, Mesa Rugged Tablets carry out the entire data collection process with ease from start to finish. Snap a photo, record field notes, capture a GNSS location, and analyze data – all in the palm of your hand.
- Field Rugged Windows 10 Tablet
- Large 7 Inch, Sunlight-readable Display
- All-day Battery Life
- Wi-Fi for Wireless Data Synchronization
- High Quality GNSS Receiver
- Optional RS-232 9-pin Port Needed for Truck Sprayers with Data Output
- Optional 4G LTE Multi-carrier Capable
- 2-year Hardware Warranty with Optional Extended Customer Care Packages
- Assembled and Repaired in Logan, Utah
Frontier Precision offers a variety of multirotor and fixed-wing drone solutions for invasive plant control applications. We can help determine the data deliverable product needed and recommend the best aircraft for specific applications. Whether you are interested in operating drones yourself or subcontracting a service provider to collect data for a project, Frontier can help you incorporate this exciting technology into your GIS workflows.
Invasive Plant Control Applications:
Locate Vegetation to Identify Weed Infestations
Liquid or Granular Treatments
Mapping and LiDAR Applications
Map Large Areas Quicker
- Promotes Safety having less People or Equipment in the Field
- Lower Cost Alternative to other Ground-based Plane/Helicopter Applications
- Micro-level Applications in Difficult Terrain or Hard-to-reach Locations
- Rapid Deployment and Repeatable Approach to Traditional Methods
- High Quality Image and Video
- Economically Priced
- Complete Solution for Entry Level Users
- Application Example—Invasive Plant Site Inspections
- Multi-aircraft Control Mode
- Flat Ground, Mountains, Orchard Modes to Operate in Different Terrains
- Application example—Liquid or Granular Pesticide Treatments
- A Larger Area can be Mapped in a Shorter Period of Time
- Three-dimensional Information about the Surface of the Earth can be Recorded
- Application Example—Up-to-date High Resolution Mapping of Potential Weed Infestation Areas after Construction and Development, Storm Events, or Seasonal Changes; Before and After Mapping to Demonstrate the Effectiveness of Control Methods and Mitigation Efforts
Throughout the year, Frontier schedules Part 107 training classes or offers on-site Part 107 remote pilot certificate training sessions on how to best use new drone systems for invasive plant control applications.
- One Day—Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate Training
- Two Day—Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate Training and Equipment in Invasive Plant Control Scenario Training
- Three Day—Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate Training and Equipment in Invasive Plant Control Scenario Training and Esri Site Scan for ArcGIS, Esri Drone2Map or Pix4D Training
Drone (UAS) Services Provided by Frontier
Not ready to own a drone system? Our UAS team can provide professional aerial drone services. Hire our certified, insured pilots to fly the job and provide high quality data deliverables. This is also a great way to get started with the latest technology under the guidance of our experienced pilots without the expense of owning the system until the time is right.
- Multispectral Inspection Services
- High Resolution Aerial Mapping
- Image Classified and Feature Extraction
- LiDAR and Photogrammetry Surveying